Monday, January 29, 2024

Because I am an Eagle Scout

I do not know how on earth it has already been an entire week!

On Monday, we went to have a short lesson with one of our friends, but ended up doing service for her instead because her dog got hit and killed by a car. It was really unfortunate. After that we had dinner with the Hurt family. I love them!

On Tuesday, We had our mission wide zoom call in the morning. After the call we drove down to Taylorsville to visit people. On the way there we had a deer run in front of us. Thankfully, I had enough room to stop. I think I have now had 5 or 6 deer run across the road in front of me since I have been here...kind of scary. The first lady we visited thought I was 15 🤦 (but I guess I aged 3 years in a transfer). After her visit we were able to visit some other people and set up times to come back and have a lesson. After that we had a lesson with our friend Jackie. We talked about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We committed her to pray about baptism and she said that she would! After her lesson we rushed back to the apartment to eat dinner before having our final new member lesson with Justin. He is awesome and I am definitely going to miss having lessons with him and his fiancée. After his lesson we got back to the apartment and called it a night.

On Wednesday we had such a great day. We drove down to visit people in Mt. Eden, but we think maps was confused. The GPS was really struggling to get up to houses, and it was raining. At one point we ended up in a muddy field because it told us there was a driveway. There was not. After our rather unusual to visit people we went door knocking, had a phone call lesson with someone, and had an STL call. After the call we drove back up to Shelbyville and visited some more people. One of the people we visited is a man that we got around 6 self-referrals from, bit he never answered. We were able to have a really good conversation with him and he said that he would read the Book of Mormon if we brought him one. After that we drove to Rachel's house. Rachel joined us in a lesson with our friend Charles and she offered to drive us to save our miles. It was such a fun car ride because I love Rachel. Charle's lesson was so amazing. We taught him the second half of the Plan of Salvation and he completely agreed. He started explaining why it was true using the Bible. After that we got to race curfew home. It was super foggy, so we could not see the road well. Thankfully, Rachel is a good listener because we had 3 deer run within 5 feet of the car. I think the deer were really out to kill us this week!

On Thursday we had district council and interviews with President. The main topic during district council was charity and it's importance. President McGinn really makes me laugh because he says some really funny things! After interviews we visited some people, went door knocking, and got Sister Flake's retainer fixed. After that we had a lesson with a grey dot in the area. Basically it was 2 hours of us being very kindly bashed. It kind of made my head hurt, but at least they were nice! After that we had an evening Crest Class where we were challenged to pray for opportunities to extend Baptismal invites that weekend.

On Friday we finally got around to weekly planning. After planning we went to visit a grey dot (someone not currently being taught) who said that midday Friday was the best time to catch her. We ended up having a 2 hour lesson with her during which we invited her to be baptized and she said she would pray about it! Needless to say she is now actively being taught. After that we went to bring cupcakes to our friend Pam. Her husband recently had surgery and then her pipes broke, so they had no running water. We had not been able to have a lesson in a long time and thought cupcakes would brighten her day. We ended up talking to her and her husband Wayne for 2 hours. Wayne said we were good luck because we came and the workers found the pipe. During our 2 hour conversation Wayne said something about scouting and I responded. Pam then told us Wayne was an eagle scout and I won his respect when I told him I was to. We were able to set up a lesson with them this coming week and they told us they would try to come to church soon. After that Pam texted us and said Wayne said they were coming to church soon because I am an Eagle scout. It was super funny! After that we flew over to Volleyball night. Friday was a very unproductive day because we only did like 4 things, but also our most productive day because they were all really important.

On Saturday we were able to have a lesson with our friend Jackie and another lesson with our friend Eric. They both have such a desire to learn the truth. During Jackie's lesson she told us she wants to get baptized, but is not ready to set a date yet. It was so sweet! We were also able to visit some people and have really good contacts with them. In the evening we had a lesson with our newer friend Kenneth at the church. Renee and Justin joined us for the lesson. It was a really good lesson because he has a really hard past, but has such a desire to change. During the lesson he told us his faith was only at 58 percent. It was so funny! After his lesson we drove home and called it a night.

On Sunday we had a slower day. We went to church and then visited some people and went door knocking. In the evening Charles messaged us and goes, “What is a temple sealing?” That has to have been on his mind for the entire week because it was talked about the prior Sunday at church. We were able to have a short, but sweet conversation with him about Temples.

This week was a lot more busy than last week and so many miracles happened. The Lord's hand truly is always there and when you look for it you will find it!

Pictures:
  • Wacky hair
  • Celestial Tiwi
  • Randomly matching outfits
  • Photo Bombing




No comments:

Post a Comment