On Tuesday we were rather busy. We had our mission wide zoom meeting and then two hours later had district council and interviews with President. At district council we gave a mini training on the armor of God and how we have to be uncomfortable to grow our comfort zone. It was a fun mini training (we forgot about it until the morning of, so we frantically planned it during companion study). The McGinns are super funny. After district Council we ate lunch at Subway and then went chalking. This week was a good week to chalk because there was little to no chance of rain all week. After chalking we went to visit some people. We had a lady give us back the Book of Mormon because she could not read a "book of the devil." That was a super funny interaction because at the end she told us we were always welcome at her house because she loves good Christian women (how can our book be from the devil if we worship God?). After that we went door knocking. We had a really sweet old lady give us ice cream when we knocked on her door. Door knock brings miracles…or ice cream! After door knocking we went home and ate dinner before doing some social media and calling it a night.
On Wednesday we went and helped at the food pantry. I got to help crush boxes and see how they remove the crushed boxes. It was so exciting. Clearly it does not take much to entertain me! After the food pantry we did some social media and went chalking at a different park in our area. After chalking we visited our elderly members that we visit every week. They are so sweet. We talked about the gospel of Jesus Christ with them. After their visit we went door knocking and then had dinner with the Brunettes. The Brunettes never fail to make me smile. I said I was surprised by how much I understood when they spoke to each other in Spanish. Sister Brunette only spoke in Spanish for the rest of the meal. I was not even doing half bad answering her questions in Spanish (until she asked my favorite scripture). 🤦 I love them so much! We played some games with them after dinner. One of the games we played was Racko and I really like that game now. After dinner we finally had our personal study that did not happen earlier in the day.
On Thursday morning we went to the Fairgrounds with Sister Brunette and went running. I forget how freeing it is to not run a .15 of a mile loop. I was so happy and I got to run 3.5 miles! After running we went back to the apartment and got ready for the day. We did some studying and weekly planning before playing our weekly Uno game with our elderly member. Uno was fun and it was even more fun because Sister Brunette and her mom joined our fun. After Uno we went Chalking at the park…again. I love chalking because it is super peaceful. After chalking we had an early dinner with the Heath family. It has been a while since we were over there because they have been busy. After dinner we went door knocking and then finished weekly planning. We also did Facebook Interactions this week because it was our zone's turn (we message people who have liked or commented on the mission Facebook page).
On Friday we had a zoom lesson with our friend Luke. It was one of my favorite lessons since being in Corydon! We went over the Gospel of Jesus Christ with him. We made him get 5 random objects and put them in a circle (we also did the same). For each step we had him explain why his object could represent that and we did the same with ours. It was super interactive and it used analogies. I love lessons with analogies. After his lesson we studied and then we filmed a Facebook video. Our stake wants to do a meet the missionaries video so we all made a video introducing ourselves. We had way too much fun making it. I am hanging upside down on the playground equipment during mine (we decided that was fitting). After the video we did some Facebook interactions and then had lunch. After lunch we went chalking…we are running out of parks in our area. After chalking we took an adventure to Milltown. We visited some of our people who are way out there. We finally got around to going to the Bowen's house (his sister is in another ward and keeps telling us to go visit him). Sadly they were getting ready to leave so it was a short visit. After visiting people we went door knocking. Sometimes it is fun to just count the number of positive interactions you have (they might not be interested, but that does not mean it was not a positive part of their day). After that we had dinner and did more Facebook Interactions.
On Saturday we did Facebook interactions (I contacted over 60 people in 3 days). It made me super happy because I actually had a decent number of people respond and I was able to have positive conversations with them. We also watched people make glass. There is a small glass making shop in our area and they let people watch. It was so much fun because they are also super willing to answer questions about why and how things work. We got to watch them make glass pumpkins and Christmas ornaments. After that we went and did service for an old lady in our area. I got to clean all her windows. I love cleaning! After that we went street contacting. We decided to try the Book of Mormon experiment. We did not have a lot of success, but I am convinced that with practice it will work very well.
On Sunday we sadly had no friends at Church. Luke got sick, so he did not make it :( I really like the Sunday School lesson at church. We were talking about Romans and how Paul talks about the importance of Grace, Faith, and Works. We have to have all three in order to successfully follow God. After Church we studied and then we went up to Palmyra. In Palmyra we went chalking at the library. After chalking we went to visit an inactive member in the area. We had such a good contact with her! We ended up standing on her porch for almost an hour. We were able to tell her the location of the church and the time (she did not know either). She has been inactive for 8 years, but said that she might start coming! She also told us about her family and then we started talking about crafts. It ended with her giving up thread she had dyed by hand because she said she was never going to use it. It was a super positive contacts. Although we did get eaten alive…I probably got 30 mosquito bites while standing on her porch. After visiting her we were able to visit one of our elderly members. We had a really good visit with her, but she was telling us that she is just always worn out (she is a 24/7 caregiver for her husband). After our visit with her we went to dinner with the Sodders. They technically live outside our area. They are a super sweet older couple. While we were there they were talking about how you do not truly know the person you marry until you have lived with them for a while. Sister Maynard goes, "Missions prepare you for that because you have to live with people you do not like." The rest of dinner we were giving her a hard time for not liking me (do not worry we were joking). We did the Book of Mormon can smash with the Sodders and they were trying to figure out how we were tricking them. We told them how it worked and they both said that they did not have the trust for that. It was really funny. After dinner we went back to the apartment and did social media.
This week was a rather slow week, but we were able to see so many miracles. God works in mysterious ways and diligence brings miracles (just in God's timing and his way).
Pictures:
- Some crochet animals I made
- Chalk pictures
- Our awesome church building



No comments:
Post a Comment