On Tuesday we helped Mellissa move her stuff to Sister Matthew's house. We then studied until lunch and had a mini DL call to work out logistics for Ben's baptismal interview. We went out to lunch with Phyllis Kincaid in the ward. It was a lot of fun. We went to a Mexican restaurant in the area. It was pretty good. After lunch we went crocheting. I love crocheting with the group of old ladies. We met the Johnson family after crochet. They just moved into the ward and they are a super cute family. Also she is an insanely good artist! She showed us paintings and drawings she did that were so good. Tuesday night we had dinner with the Ahrens. We talked about family history after dinner and it was pretty cool.
On Wednesday we ran around like chickens with our heads cut off. We went to help at the food pantry, and they got their big shipment in so we were there for a while. After helping at the food pantry, we had a short lesson with our friend Susie and another lesson (over the phone) with our friend Cindy. We got invited to another craft group so we went for a short time. It was not quite as awesome as the Tuesday craft group, and we had places to be so we did not stay too long. We went and had lunch with Sister Hunter after the craft group. Then we played some games with her granddaughter for a little bit. We then went to visit an Elderly member in the nursing home. She is super sweet and we had a good visit with her. While we were there we got transfer calls. I got transfered to Corydon, Indiana. (I know I still have not made it to Kentucky.) Sister Woodward is training in Newburgh 2. We had dinner with Dane and Ashley on Wednesday night. Wednesday felt like a really long day, but it was fun.
On Thursday I finished packing everything. We then got to go make pens with one of our gray dots. It was so fascinating and entertaining! We also had Dane and Ashley's Baptismal interview and they are ready for baptism. It is super exciting because Dane has been meeting on and off with missionaries for 17 years!! After Dane's interview, we went to say bye to different members. Alan got a lot of yarn somewhere and gave me a garbage bag full of yarn and it made me so happy! I love yarn and was so sad to leave behind the Newburgh apartment that is full of yarn, but now I have my own yarn collection! We had dinner with the Curtis family and I love them. While we were at their house we got as close as we are going to get to swimming on our missions. We sat on the side of the pool with our feet in the water. It was really fun. After dinner we dropped cookies off to a few more member families and went home for the night. I love the Newburgh ward and am definitely going to miss them. Thursday night I worked really hard to finish baptism gifts before transfers. I forgot to take a picture of the craft table before I left, but we were joking that it was the table of broken dreams because I left behind so many half-done projects.
On Friday morning we got up bright and early to go to transfers. We loaded all my stuff into the car and then waited for the STLs. They were carpooling with us because their car has been having issues and they did not want to drive two hours in it. Sister Stong had a lot of stuff. We did quite the packing job to get everything to fit (It was a Tetris game in the trunk and back seat). Sister Saylor and I were in the back seat with all the stuff because we were the smallest. It was a kind of funny drive. At transfers I got to see Sister Bastian! It made me super happy. My new Companion is Sister Maynard. She is a really good artist. She is from Florida and she is shorter than me! At transfers President Alder was making fun of us. He told us our companionship would definitely not win any height rewards - he is probably right. After transfers we drove back to the area (it was only a 45 minute drive instead of two hours)! When we got back I unpacked and then a lady in the area gave us a short tour of Corydon. Corydon is a really cool town, and I cannot wait to deeply explore its history!
Saturday was the slowest day I have had in a while. I forgot how crazy busy we have been in Newburgh. We are working on finding people who want to learn in Corydon! We spent a lot of time unsuccessfully gray dot contacting on Saturday and door knocking.
On Sunday we went to church and then we went door knocking. After door knocking we were planning to visit some gray dots, but did not make it through that many before we decided to go home. There was a tornado watch and we did not want to be far from our apartment if it became a warning. It was a good thing we went back because probably 30 minutes later it started pouring, we lost power, and the sirens started going off. I can now say I have once again spent time hiding from tornados in the bathroom in all my areas. 😄 The power came back on shortly after, but there was a tornado warning for probably 2 hours. When we got out of the bathroom, we ate dinner and decided to go on a walk. There was a tree down probably 30 feet from our apartment. It started pour on our walk and the sky was becoming more green, so we decided we should probably go back. We had our DL call Sunday night and then worked on some craft projects before bed.
Some new missionary is set for life in Newburgh! They are going to have three baptisms in two weeks. I am determined to find someone in Corydon who is ready to learn because God calls us where he needs us. Someone is waiting to be loved and learn the gospel here! I am so thankful for the opportunity to help God's children draw closer to Him.
Pictures:
- Saying goodbye to awesome people in Newburgh (Ashley, Alan, Karen, Robinson Family, Andreason Family, Brown Family, Sister Whisler)
- Pen Making
- Hanging out on the side of the pool











No comments:
Post a Comment