On Tuesday Morning I curled Sister Bastian's hair, but you couldn't tell by the time we got to transfers. Transfers were crazy busy with people running in so many different directions. We found Sister Bastian's new companion and moved all her stuff to their car. We then found my new companion and put all her stuff in our car (now named Benjamin, or Benny for short). Sister Woodward is my new companion. We spent most of the day in the car.
On Wednesday we went and had a lesson with our friend Susie. It went well, but we did not cover that much information. After Susie's lesson, we were supposed to have a lesson with Brianna who we met last week, but she was not home. That was super disappointing because I was looking forward to teaching her. We went door knocking instead and this old lady thought my companion was my mother! It was super funny because she just blatantly asked, and neither of us knew how to respond. We also went to three Dollar Generals on Wednesday because our friend Dane was replacing his Word of Wisdom struggle with Jolly Ranchers and he loves lemon ones. He told us he could not find lemon ones anywhere. We bought eight variety pack bags and sorted them. He got 22 lemon ones and now we have 100 that we do not know what to do with. That night we had a lesson with Dane and gave him his Jolly Ranchers. He was so excited to have them.
Thursday was a weird day. We were supposed to have a lesson with one of our friends in the morning, but he was not home. We ended up visiting people in the area. We dropped by to visit an inactive member that I have never met. She opened the door and told us to come into her apartment. We proceeded to spend the next hour sitting on her couch. During that time she told us about the woes of Mexico, that we need to ask the church to make a husband menu, marriage advice, and that I need to learn how to eat right so I do not have weak children. She gave me a kitchen scale because "my companion needed to teach me how to use it so I can eat right." Still not sure what I did to make her think I am going to have weak children and do not eat right, but I spent most of the hour trying not to laugh. After that we went door knocking. This old lady opened the door and let us right into her apartment. We then spent an hour sitting on her couch while she told us her entire life story. Basically we spent Thursday sitting on old people's couches and listening to their stories. It was a great day. Thursday night we had dinner with Alan and Karen. Alan made us catfish. I thought it was super funny because Sister Woodward hates fish and we had just talked about how I had not been fed fish yet on my mission.
On Friday we went to district council. At district council our DL gave us a challenge to recite the first vision 16 times as a district in the next week. We are super determined to succeed. On the way back from district council, we went to visit one of our friends and ended up having a good lesson with him. After the lesson his wife showed us her birds and let me hold Cookie the Cockatoo! I was so entertained. Sadly, I left my phone upstairs so I do not have any pictures.
On Saturday, we went to visit past friends in the area and ended up having a lesson with one of them. She was super interested in how we differed from other Christian churches, so we got to talk about the restoration and priesthood. It was a cool lesson and to make it better she said we could come back another time and teach her more! After that lesson we visited one of the elderly ladies in the ward. We had a good visit with her and she is doing well. We had dinner with Sister Whisler and her granddaughter. Her granddaughter is three and she was so funny. She was eating lasagna and then wiping her face on Sister Woodward's dress. She also decided we needed to be spoon fed our pudding, so I was force fed pudding by a three year old. There was some violent pudding feeding going on and she managed to cut the top of my mouth with the spoon. I did not know spoons could be sharp. It was super funny because she kept missing my mouth, so Sister Woodward and I left dinner covered in pasta sauce and pudding. To make it even better Sister Whisler thought it was funny so she took a video and posted it on Facebook, now the whole world can see the mess we were in when we left.
On Sunday we had church, and then we went to visit some people in the ward who had not made it to church and wish them a happy Mother's Day. We also managed to have five friends in sacrament meeting, which was super exciting! We had dinner with the Andreason family. One of their kids decided she was going to play hostess, and to make it more impressive she did it on roller blades. It was super funny because the entire family was super calm despite roller blading around the house. We played the priorities game with them after dinner. There are a lot of different cards that all have a word on them and they have to get rid of all of them until they have 3 (Jesus Christ, The Book of Mormon, and Family). It was so funny to hear their reasoning of why they could not get rid of different objects. After the game we asked them if any of their friends could use a visit from us. Their daughter lists off a family and then looked at her dad and said, "Could they handle it?" Still not sure if she was talking about us or the family, but it was super funny.
Nothing super exciting happened this past week. It is amazing to me to see the Lord's hand in my life. We had many impromptu lesson after having other lessons cancel on us. God works in mysterious ways, but he definitely has a plan. I love the verse Matthew 17:20, "And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you," because Christ is by our side. If we have faith he will work mighty miracles in our lives.
Pictures:
- Scripture reading with Riley
- Dove nest in flower pot
- Reading Scriptures with Riley
- Sister Bastian, Brother and Sister Perry, and I
- The Brown Family
- Sister Bastian and my matching outfits
- Ember learned about transfers







No comments:
Post a Comment