On Tuesday Sister Ballard had food poisoning, so we canceled most of our lessons and spent most of the day in the apartment. We watched all the addiction recovery videos that the church has put out. She did however refuse to cancel Brittany’s lesson because it has been so hard to keep consistent lessons, so she suffered through that one. It was a super sweet lesson. After Brittany's lesson we had our final STL call of the transfer.
On Wednesday we had a day of utter chaos. It was the day of transfer calls (the call is at 8:30 pm, unless you are leadership than they call earlier). We had a lesson with our friend Wanda, during which we heard our phones buzz. We had a message from President asking if we could call, but we were headed straight to a lesson with our friend Amanda. I was kind of dying during Amanda's lesson because I knew I was the most likely to be leaving the area, but I was trying so hard to focus on her lesson. Right after our lesson President called. I am training again, but this time in the Clear Creek Ward in Kentucky. That was kind of a shock because I was white washing an area with a brand new missionary. Right after that call, we had a lesson with our friend Ellie. Ellie is a super sweet older lady who loves to learn and we love her. After her lesson we were supposed to have another lesson, but they were not home…even though they had confirmed the lesson. 🙁 We ended up messaging more people instead. After that we had dinner with the Swarens followed by a New Missionary social media call, followed by transfer calls. Wednesday night I started packing. I definitely did not realize how spread out my stuff would be since I had been there for 6 months.
Tiwi also officially died Wednesday night...never to live again. The vehicle coordinator replaced her on Friday at transfers.
On Thursday we frantically finished wrapping Christmas presents, so that we could mail them during lunch. Then we went to teach our member English, but it turns out her daughter and friend were both there so we ended up talking to all of them. They told us we needed Khmer speaking missionaries in the area. We do not think that is likely to happen any time soon. After that we contacted some people and then ran to mail our packages during lunch. We also went to Lazy Cow (the best ice cream shop in our area). We ended up talking to the employee there about missionary work for 20 minutes. It made us late to play Uno, but it was a really good conversation. After Uno we had a lesson with our new friend Tammy. She is so amazing and has such a desire to learn the truth! After her lesson we went to the RS Christmas party. (It was a good way to say bye to people,) After that we rushed home and I finished packing.
Friday I was kind of in a panic because I realized I had no clue where I was going. My area is called Clear Creek (but does not cover Clear Creek Kentucky). I was really confused because I was going to the Crestwood zone and Clear Creek was nowhere close to that. Friday morning we went to transfers. We got an epic posterity picture for both sides of Sister Ballard's family tree (Sister Wilson, Sister McKeon, Sister Ballard, Sister Flake, Me, Sister Bastian, and Sister Bayne). My new trainee is Sister Kayden Flake. She is from Magna, Utah and plays the piano/organ. Friday we did not do much, we had no access to the records for the area and live outside our area, so we knew nothing. We unpacked and went to the grocery store. Late Friday night we finally got access to the records!
Ironically, I left Newburgh when it got super busy. I got to Corydon when they had 4 friends and left when they had 20. Clear Creek has 5 people they are teaching, so I am definitely going to be on the finding grind again, I guess that is my start to every transfer. 😊
Saturday we went around trying to meet people in the area. We met some sweet people, but they were not interested. We also had a really good lesson with our friend Jackie. I love her and am so excited to keep teaching her! After that we went to the Christmas parade in the pouring rain…it was definitely not a great finding success.
On Sunday we had ward council. The ward leaders are hilarious (basically they made fun of each other the entire time). After church we went around and met more people in the area. We went door knocking, but the whole town was sick. Everyone who opened the door said that they or their family was sick (they probably all shared with each other because it was a small town). We were supposed to have a lesson with a friend, but she ended up also being sick.
I am excited for this new great adventure, but it will definitely be a change! I know that all things are possible through Christ as we believe in miracles and work hard.
Pictures:
On Thursday we frantically finished wrapping Christmas presents, so that we could mail them during lunch. Then we went to teach our member English, but it turns out her daughter and friend were both there so we ended up talking to all of them. They told us we needed Khmer speaking missionaries in the area. We do not think that is likely to happen any time soon. After that we contacted some people and then ran to mail our packages during lunch. We also went to Lazy Cow (the best ice cream shop in our area). We ended up talking to the employee there about missionary work for 20 minutes. It made us late to play Uno, but it was a really good conversation. After Uno we had a lesson with our new friend Tammy. She is so amazing and has such a desire to learn the truth! After her lesson we went to the RS Christmas party. (It was a good way to say bye to people,) After that we rushed home and I finished packing.
Friday I was kind of in a panic because I realized I had no clue where I was going. My area is called Clear Creek (but does not cover Clear Creek Kentucky). I was really confused because I was going to the Crestwood zone and Clear Creek was nowhere close to that. Friday morning we went to transfers. We got an epic posterity picture for both sides of Sister Ballard's family tree (Sister Wilson, Sister McKeon, Sister Ballard, Sister Flake, Me, Sister Bastian, and Sister Bayne). My new trainee is Sister Kayden Flake. She is from Magna, Utah and plays the piano/organ. Friday we did not do much, we had no access to the records for the area and live outside our area, so we knew nothing. We unpacked and went to the grocery store. Late Friday night we finally got access to the records!
Ironically, I left Newburgh when it got super busy. I got to Corydon when they had 4 friends and left when they had 20. Clear Creek has 5 people they are teaching, so I am definitely going to be on the finding grind again, I guess that is my start to every transfer. 😊
Saturday we went around trying to meet people in the area. We met some sweet people, but they were not interested. We also had a really good lesson with our friend Jackie. I love her and am so excited to keep teaching her! After that we went to the Christmas parade in the pouring rain…it was definitely not a great finding success.
On Sunday we had ward council. The ward leaders are hilarious (basically they made fun of each other the entire time). After church we went around and met more people in the area. We went door knocking, but the whole town was sick. Everyone who opened the door said that they or their family was sick (they probably all shared with each other because it was a small town). We were supposed to have a lesson with a friend, but she ended up also being sick.
I am excited for this new great adventure, but it will definitely be a change! I know that all things are possible through Christ as we believe in miracles and work hard.
Pictures:
- Posterity Picture
- Matching in our Trio
- Sister Flake and I
- Nightly check-in photos
- Sister Smith and I (She is going home.)
- Celestial Tiwi (one of her last times showing signs of life)







No comments:
Post a Comment