Monday, March 13, 2023

Miracles come in unexpected ways!

This week has been super busy, but then again so has every week. I cannot believe that I have already been here for an entire month.

On Monday we had district p-day. It was a lot of fun to play games with our district and get to know the other missionaries a little better.

On Tuesday we had one of our friends we were teaching tell us that there was no way she would ever be baptized into the "Mormon" church. That was a really hard lesson, because she had accepted the Book of Mormon and said that it just made sense with the Bible. But she saw some things online, and nothing we said could change her mind.

After her lesson, we went out door knocking. We wanted to meet someone else to teach because we have a lot of people that we have been teaching for awhile, but no new friends. To make Tuesday even more disappointing, no one wanted to hear what we had to say. Both my companion and I had been praying for a new person to teach, so we were a little discouraged.

After door knocking, we had a dinner appointment with one of our members, but his wife is not a member. We were going to teach her the Restoration lesson after dinner but felt prompted to teach the Plan of Salvation. It was a wonderful lesson, and she had so many questions. It was also really cool to hear her husband bear his testimony to her. She was excited to schedule another lesson with us (because we were less intimidating than the elders that used to be in the area). So even though Tuesday was a pretty discouraging day, God answered our prayers and sent us a new friend to teach—we just were not looking in the right place!

A really cool miracle this week took place when one of our ward members was getting ready to move. She needed her cousin to send her the money from her mother's estate to close her deal on the house. We texted to see how everything was going one morning, and she told us that if her cousin did not send it within the next 90 minutes she would not be able to close. We prayed about it like 5 times in that time period. Later that day she texted us to tell us her cousin had sent it with 19 minutes to spare. It was so exciting, and she told us about the faith it took to trust that it would work out if it was what God wanted her to do.

We had the coolest tracting experience on Saturday! We were daily planning in the morning, and my companion told me to choose where we went tracting. I looked at the map and chose and random street that I had never been on. Other activities in our day ended up going longer, so we only had about 15 minutes to knock doors. We only knocked on three doors, but at every house we knocked at the people spoke to us. At all three houses the people were engaged in what we had to share. I am so grateful for the Lord's help to know who wants to hear our message or simply needs some love!

On Sunday we had stake conference. We got to the church early, so my companion could practice her musical number with one of the Elders for zone conference. Instead we got recruited to sing in the stake choir. Definitely a funny turn of events. I also met one of my cousins right before the meeting. We had never met, but had both been told to be on the lookout for each other since I am serving where he lives, so that was really cool.

Just like every other week, I have spent time crocheting. We have zone conference this week and afterwards we are having a sister's blitz. It is where every companionship of sisters in the zone make something to share with all the other sisters. My companion and I are crocheting chick heads, but it is a mighty good thing that, counting us, there are only 11 sisters in our zone!

A quote I like by Patrick Overton reads, "When you walk to the edge of all the light you have and take that first step into the darkness of the unknown, you must believe that one of two things will happen – there will be something solid for you to stand upon, or you will be taught to fly." I love this quote, because God will not allow us to walk straight into danger if we are trying our best to follow him. He will provide comfort and strength as we choose to trust in him and follow his plan even when we do not know what life has coming our way. I know that we can always find strength in our Savior, and that he will never leave us comfortless.

Pictures:
  • Chick heads that I crocheted
  • My companion and I in our matching dresses
  • My companion and I being silly
  • Celestial Tewi (The device in our window tracks our driving. It is never all white, so everyone tries to get a picture when it is.)






No comments:

Post a Comment